Monday, September 24, 2007

Sample: Television Script

(The characters in the following are agents in a government office.)


A SHADOW SHALL FALL - I SEE DEAD PEOPLE

TEASER: NORMAL AGAIN?

INT. STATION 15 INNER OFFICE - DAY
A ceiling fan drones overhead, spinning lazily as various shadows flicker across the ceiling. RICE sits at his desk, typing on several computers at once. O’BANNON twirls lazily in her chair, chewing on the end of a pencil and occasionally scribbling numbers into a Sudoku book. The room is silent, aside from these noises.


O’BANNON
What do you mean, you’re not a nine? You have to be a nine! What did I miss?

RICE
(in an Elmer Fudd voice)
Are those rascally numbers outsmarting you?

O’BANNON
Listen here, Marky Mark. Just because I’m sure you can also do these puzzles in hex and binary-

RICE
I love it when you talk nerdy to me.

O’BANNON
I’m going to ignore that, under the assumption that you’d like all your anatomy to remain where it currently is.

RICE
You are wise, young Padawan.

O’BANNON
Anyway. Do you want some coffee? I’m going to put some on.

RICE
(like a zombie)
Coffeeeeee.

O’BANNON
I’ll take that as a yes. With all the fun last night, I think I may’ve gotten an hour’s sleep at most.

O’BANNON goes to the coffee machine and begins to make coffee. A Nerf dart goes whizzing by her ear, just as an alarm sounds.

RICE
It wasn’t me, I swear!

O’BANNON
I guess a little peace and quiet was too much to hope for. Looks like we’re being called.

RICE
Time to suit up!

O’BANNON
Please tell me we can at least hit a drive-thru on the way?


OPENING/COMMERCIAL

No comments: